<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I can't bear to watch Bush on TV 

I can only just manage to read his comments afterwards without my blood boiling and head exploding. And here's why:

One thing is for certain, though, about me, and the world has learned this: When I say something, I mean it. And the credibility of the United States is incredibly important for keeping world peace and freedom.

This from the least credible president in living memory. He doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the word, as Saletan points out in a frustrated column.

I'm usually the guy who says people go overboard on the credibility issue (it's not worth pursuing an obviously failed policy to "maintain your credibility", nor is credibility really something possessed by a state, so much as individual actors in that state). But this is just too much for me to bear, way too much. President Vacation, ask Condi what credibility means. And try to listen past the first sentence.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares
Google
Search the web Search madsocialscientist.com