<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Inflation? Or... 

I feel suddenly poorer. My beloved sandwich shop, Darwin's, has just raised all sandwich prices 50 cents. I ponder this as I wait in the line (which seems longer than usual for 2:30; no one's exiting). Is just inflation, perhaps spiked by the rise in oil prices? Or perhaps a relative price change, due to the dairy shortage that's supposedly going on up here in New England? Well, maybe, but a ~10% hike seems to be an annual occurrence here. Are Cambridge real estate prices picking up again? I doubt it.

No doubt the inelastic demand of anyone who has had a Darwin's sandwich (or soup, or dessert...) plays some role here. And hence I'm a little poorer, but not complaining. I'll save that for when I move away!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares
Google
Search the web Search madsocialscientist.com