<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Building a bridge to the year 1000 

I keep tabs on the Houston Chronicle, sole major paper in the town where I grew up. The letters to the editor are often doozies of specious reasoning, hilarious ignorance, or Biblical fundamentalist intolerance. But I saw one today that looks like it descended from an alien political culture. Here's a quote from a letter praising Bush's victory:

I feel safe and have no hesitation to put up my son for this war. If I lose him, I shall be more than dead. If he dies, I die, too. But that is what I am willing to place on the altar of freedom. Thanks be to God.

What century are these people from? If the Republican coalition really thinks like this, we're in trouble.
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares
Google
Search the web Search madsocialscientist.com