<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Funny 

Before the Ukrainian election, I was keeping an eye on it because the challenger is a former central bank governor, and I keep a database of the political careers of such people. I made a mental note to look for the brief Reuters item that would report the outcome, lest I miss it entirely.

But now every twist and turn of this election is top of the page NYT news. It's always funny when you're aware of a story before it makes it into the papers. I guess my biggest finds on that score are Ebola, which I was following back in 1993, when there were only a handful of epidemiology publications on the topic, and one or two lay publication, and Barrack Obama, whom I had been following when he was looking at being an also-ran in a seven-way primary, because I'd heard good things about him from a Chicago student.
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares
Google
Search the web Search madsocialscientist.com